Product added to cart
Bronte Heritage Collection - Multi Purpose Compost - 60 Litres Previous
Item not currently in stock and will be placed on back order
For lead time please call 01282 501290
For lead time please call 01282 501290
Bronte Heritage Collection - Potting & Bedding Compost - 75 Litres
BRONTE HERITAGE COLLECTION - POTTING & BEDDING COMPOST - 75 Litres
Use for planting on seedlings and re-potting plants in pots, containers, tubs and baskets
Our Bronte Heritage Potting Compost is rich in nutrients for healthy, thriving plants. Combined with the slow release Osmocote 6 month fertiliser package, our Potting and Bedding Compost guarantees a professional quality. It can be used all-year-round and is ideal for potting, hanging baskets and all types of outdoor containers.
Control Release Fertiliser - Feeds Up To 8 Months
TRANSPLANTING THROUGHOUT THE GARDEN
On some occasions it may be required to move a Rose, Tree or Shrub to a different location somewhere else in the garden. Here are some tips which will help with that transition.
- Clear the chosen area from all vegetation, stones and weeds.
- Break up the soil around the area and spread the compost into the soil at an approx. ratio of 60% soil to 40% compost. Mix it all together with a garden fork and then rake it flat.
- Dig a hole large enough in width and depth to easily take the plant roots and root ball of the plant your moving.
- Be careful when digging out the plant to be moved, ensuring you dig outside the potential spread of roots and deep enough to take out the whole root.
- Carefully lift the plant ensuring you retain as much of the soil held within the root structure as possible.
- Place the plant into its new location and fill in around the plants roots with the compost. Add additional compost on top and firm well down, ensuring the plant is stable and secure. For tall trees and plants you may wish to place a vertical support to hold the plant in place during the following few weeks.
- Water well but gradually, making sure not to wash away the compost from around the plant.
As a general rule, do not move plants from indoor seed trays or pots straight into the garden. Harden off by putting first into a cold frame or unheated greenhouse for a week or so.
PLEASE USE GLOVES WHILST USING THIS PRODUCT
Bronte Heritage endeavour to remove all debris and miscellaneous items from this product, whilst processing, but cannot guarantee that all glass and plastic fragments have been removed.
HANDLING THE COMPOST
At Bronte Heritage, we suggest you use gardening gloves when working with compost. Carefully open the top of the bag, pour the required amount of compost into a clean container and break up any moist balls which may have occurred during storage in the bag.
Ensure the container or seed tray is clean. Pour the compost into the growing container or seed tray leaving approx. 1.5-2.5cms from the top. According to the seed suppliers instructions place the seeds in or on the compost and then water carefully.
Cover the container/seed tray and keep at an even moderate temperature until germination takes place. As soon as they are strong enough with perhaps a second shoot appearing, carefully plant on to larger individual pots.
POTTING OF PLANTS
Ensure the pot is clean. Fill with compost to 2-2.5cm approx. of the lip of the pot. Make a hole large enough to take the root ball and carefully firm the compost around the plant. Water carefully and place in a location suitable for the type of plant potted.
Place the hanging basket on a bucket or large flower pot. Put a liner around the inside of the basket, this can be natural moss, a synthetic liner or black or green polythene film with a few small holes in the side. Fill the basket with the compost approximately two thirds up the basket.
Arrange your chosen plants onto the compost and then add additional compost to firm them into place. Water the basket well, but carefully, and then hang in its preferred location. Do not allow to dry out. Feed with a proprietary fertiliser after approximately eight to ten weeks.
THE PEAT IN THIS PRODUCT HAS NOT BEEN HARVESTED FROM AREAS OF SCIENTIFIC INTEREST
Write Your Own Review